"Saving" Hero Academy
I don't know how many unique users that Hero Academy has, but, for certain the number of active players has gone down drastically in the past few months. Even looking at the blog is deppressing; it seems that new team releases were common in the past, as were balance updates. I personally think that the reason we aren't getting either of these as often is because of the lesser and lesser amount of HA players. I think the following would save the game:
- Android Release. I personally think this should be top on Robots list. Although Apple has the market share, catering to a whole new market will add at least 10,000 new users.
- iPhone 5 support. The optimization of the new screen will certainly bring iPhone 5 user traffic into the game.
- New team every 2 months, although we'll eventually have a lot of teams... a new team every 2 months would increase Robot's revenue thus allowing them to be able to afford these updates.
- QUICK GAME mode, aka what the Chinese version already has. Turn must be taken within 2 minutes, great for competitive players who want to play a game in an hour or less.
- And lastly, LADDER SYSTEM/NEWBIE SYSTEM.I feel that a ranking system would be great to pair new players with not so good players, if not, even to match new players with other new players for their first 5 games or so. A brand new player coming in and playing council vs. an experienced Dwarve team will delete Hero Academy before they have a chance to have fun because simply; they'd get very frustrated.
I don't know. Just some thoughts. Anyone have any opinions?