The Ratio of Crystal Kills VS Team K ...
Most of my wins are based on team kills. Only a very tiny amount of wins stem from destroying all enemy crystals.
Now I wanted this topic not only for getting to know the finesse of crystal hunting but to properly understand and document when to go for a crystal kill and when to focus on killing the team.
My main problem is, that I have a strong urge to rather go for units instead of crystals, because the threat is more imminent. Crystals are potentially wasted AP, because I don't advance my board. To remedy this understanding, I went to see what are deciding factors to focus on crystals and so far I came up with the following general factors:
- The team I play
- The team I play against
- The map
- The current state of the board
These are the main general factors that determine a strategy. Now what I want to find out with the help of you guys is when exactly to go for the crystal route, when to go for the team route, or when to combine both.
Take the abovementioned factors and describe what these factors have to look like when you decide to go for the crystal kill:
- What Teams are your favorite for crystal hunting?
- What matchups make CKs shine?
- What maps are made for CK, which are not?
- When is the perfect time to go for the crystal instead of units?
- What units and items are necessary to go for the kill in your particular case?
Feel free to also discuss ongoing games or include screens of some interesting situations.
- What ratio bewteen Crystal kills and team kills do you have?
- How do you defend against CK when you see your opponent goes this route?
- Do you feel that some teams are designated for one of the two win conditions or that every team can follow both routes? What team has the largest gap betwwen TK and CK?
With your input, this topic should prove helpful for new players as well as advanced players who want to further their game by learning from others. After all, it's all about the win or loss, so determing which path to follow goes a long way. :-)