[PC] Xbox 360 Controller Issue Threa ...
I've noticed a lot of people are having similar controller issues:
- 360 controller is not being recognized (wired, wireless or otherwise).
- 360 controller IS being recognized but the keys and axes are messed up, i.e., Start/Back operate as Primary and Alternate Fire, Left and Right Triggers move the camera, etc. (Axes and buttons are switched/not properly recognized).
I figured we could all rally in this thread and hopefully find a solution.
I'd like to go over some of the fixes I've tried (in vain):
- Rebooting the PC.
- Re-installing the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers and Software.
- Checking the integrity of the game's cache within Steam.
- Re-installing Orcs Must Die!
- Creating a new profile.
- Using a custom "user.cfg" file to bind the buttons to defaults.
- Re-installing the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers and Software using a different USB Port on my PC.
- Using a different wireless controller.
- Re-installing/updating DirectX (so as to update DirectInput).
- Using the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator, x360ce to simulate different controllers.
None of these fixes have worked, though I urge the rest of you having issues to try some of them out and report back on whether or not they were successful.
It's quite odd because I played the game, start-to-finish, over the Christmas Break when I first purchased it. Now, upon reinstalling the game, the controller is behaving all wonky.