Introducing the new 'Smash' ...
You have all done very well; and have found numerous interesting and sometimes unexplainable things ..
But TWO have never baffled me more:
- lantern combo point
- swinging mace extra combo point
Today I'd like to explain both of these phenomenon. And I will do you one better; I will now introduce another combo element that was previously unknown which I will now call:
Smash comboing is the introduction of a combo point that is intercepted by geometry. In the case of the swinging mace and in the lantern the geometry acts as a kind of central pivit point. The lantern is much harder to understand so we will go with the swinging mace instead.
- Mace swing initiates an x1 combo point. However orc is very close to the wall.
- The mace slams the orc into the wall at very close range causing a smash combo point to occur. This means that even though the swinging mace hit and applied its damage; the combo point is written as wall damage instead of the swinging mace.
- The swinging mace then continues upwards picking up the ragdoll orc and adding its own true combo point giving the swinging mace the ability to give an x2 combo instead of an x1.
Now remember the rule that traps that kill orcs can not apply their combo point for affliction.
Smash Comboing breaks this rule and is the exact reason why we can get an x3 combo out of a swinging mace by itself. Because an orc that is smash combo'd bounces off the wall and acquires the stun, this means that it is registering the orc as stunned and smashed for x2 combo before the swinging mace continues on its trajectory giving it the 3rd and final combo point killing it for x3.
Smash combos can be applied in all manour of ways, any physics trap including stage physics traps that force orcs into ragdoll mode can force a smash combo to happen. Smash combos also seem to have the unique ability to never be released from the orc and last until the orc gets up (keep it in rag doll mode). Explaining why mine carts can sometimes hit an orc and give their x1 combo for long periods of time.
The lantern is explainable also however I would prefer to do so on a one to one basis and answer any questions so just message me with questions.
Following is how you can smash combo with the wind belt:
Windbelt Smash Combo
The windbelt has the unique ability to grab orcs. However grabbing and throwing orcs does not combo; as we all know. However it is very easy to do a smash combo with the wind belt.
- grab orc
- use geometry to force the orc to release from your grip (do not let him go with mouse 2)
- blow orc into trap sequence
Because your grip was released by geometry you will get a smash combo point from the secondary of the wind belt. Giving you an x2 combo for blowing it into a trap sequence instead of an x1 as demonstrated in the video.
~ The Trap Whisperer